Monday, April 8, 2013

The forbidden feet of Egypt by Claudia Typhoon

I had a session week ago I found particular interesting. Not that I find foot fetish to be the most obscure, nor wild of fetishes, but it was the conversation I had during this session that I found engaging. My fetishist under foot was from Egypt. he grew up there and told me about the evolution of his fetish. as with most foot fetishist, he was exposed to intimacy with a woman via her feet. he had an aunt allow/encourage him to massage his feet to relax her until she went to sleep. he found he really enjoyed this activity and would continue to massage her sore soles while she was asleep. his love of feet grew from this and as he became a man he would try to pursue this with others and find that woman thought him strange and he would be given a critical eye from his male peers. he couldn't mention this fetish of his to anyone. I feel as though I've down-played how people would react because he was sure that pain or punishment would follow anyone finding out. for all the things I've been able to experience sexually I was astonished that something that I would consider simple and playful would be risqué or taboo. I inquired further about sexuality in Egypt. if foot fetishism was taboo, what was "normal sex" there? sex it seems was not too difficult to achieve, but it was what most would consider "normal", heterosexual intercourse. penis in vagina thrusting in a variety of positions mostly missionary and doggie-style. it gave me food for thought. this was one individual telling me an entire population of people were not exploring their sexuality. I was in disbelief. surely this wasn't true? I was assured that it was a sad reality. was this true for all Arabic cultures? the center for Arabic media is in Egypt, and thus the "normal" or standards to which Arabic peoples as a whole would be determined or represented there and then send out on waves for the rest of Arabic culture to see. was all of Arabic culture so repressed? historically Arabic cultures were not sexually conservative peoples, when did all this change? am I thousands of years behind the times?

No comments:

Post a Comment