Sunday, July 7, 2013

Working at a dungeon vs. being an independent Domina (part 2) by Claudia Typhoon

the previous post covered the pitfalls and joys of working in a dungeon. now for the same in being an independent Dominatrix.

what I really love is my income and schedule is entirely dictated by my ambition. I can have a lazy day if I want and just eat ice cream, in my jammies, in bed. I can also have a intense day where I am cruel and torment many, many souls a day. I work based upon my mood; and isn't that something that every Dominant person wants? to be the only person that dictates their time. My time is precious and I spend it how I choose. My friends are my family and I only see client and submissives/slaves that stimulate me. I have turned down money and extravagant gifts because I did not care for the individual. if I choose to have an occupation that I love, I will make the income how I choose to and at the pace I choose. I travel constantly, either for fun, work or just to relax. I love that.

sounds great right? now, let me know all the work that goes into that freedom.

now, to be a Domme in NYC know that there are already a lot of very skilled Dommes here. it is a hard place to start. when starting out you will have that shiny new girl finish and if you are without a strong disposition and a true love of kink, you will not last long. you will be naive and clients will try to take advantage as much as possible. they are like children and dogs, they must be reminded and punished appropriately and often. the further along you get, the better you will get at this. some people are naturals at discipline and behaviour modification, others are naturals at humiliation, corporal, and so forth. you will find your niche. (more on finding you niche in another entry.)
also you must build a website, put up ads, answer emails and phone calls, book appointments, invest in equipment and wardrobe, maintain you health and body, learn-grow-get better, figure out your niche, learn how to market yourself, learn law, lingo, boundaries, technical skills, psychology, body language, how to sanitize equipment, and so on and so forth. it looks effortless because those of us that are very good and are passionate about our position will do all this work to maintain it or find the proper slaves to facilitate these things. in addition to the items I've listed above, there is still much more you can do. but because I don't mind spending several hours at a time on these things, I can also enjoy a long outing with a cuckhold sissy. where we go shopping, dress up as ladies and talk about how much we both enjoy cock in the ass and how I deserve it more.

know that you are investing a lot of time and energy towards being a Domme, so you better want it or it better be part of your make-up. the learning curve is steep.


No comments:

Post a Comment