Monday, January 27, 2014

a snippet about sexual harassment by Claudia Typhoon

A friend of mine put up a link about women being sexually harassed and how they are taught in school to be ashamed of their bodies and sexuality. Its a constant topic and for the most part I have avoided having the conversation because like most problems that don't seem to be solving themselves quite yet, it is an incredibly complex situation. the link below if you desire and my response to this particular type of negative behaviour.

http://causewecool.tumblr.com/post/73657590435/spankmeagainplease-feel-free-to-sexually-harass

I have always been a sexual creature. It's natural & I feel very confident in it. Because of this I was harassed a great deal growing up. Both by men & women. Women would sneer, dismiss my opinions, and place me as the person perpetuating their insecurities. Nasty stuff. Thin girls that haven't developed chest yet would wear tube tops to school & that would be fine, but if wore a tank top whose strap was under two inches I had to change it & if I didn't have an extra shirt I had to wear one out of lost & found or be sent home. I had teachers come up to me & place rulers on my shoulder to measure it. I started bring extra shirts to school just in case. Then I got tired of it & started fighting with teachers. They started to learn I wasn't going to back down for unjust treatment or public humiliation. It took me 6 years of fighting to get to that point. This was all women doing this! Men tend to respect a sexual lady who is confident. If men said anything inappropriate I would confront them. I would rather deal with male harassment head on then fight a woman for years. A lot of female power is misdirected. I don't think women will ever stopp being sexually harassed, I think we just need to learn how to deal with it in a new way, teach proper behaviours (including punishment) & encourage their growth. When women talk, men listen, I assure you. Let the backlash begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment